To give me a little time to myself at the end of the night Justin has been putting Brinley to sleep. They have a little routine prayer, 3 books; tuck in Mr. Boo, then Brinley, a kiss and lights off “goodnight”. I have occasionally stuck my head in to watch or knelt in prayer with them. The other night Justin was so busy and Brinley was ready for bed (she lets us know when she wants to sleep) he asked me to put her to bed. How hard could that be!!?? I followed the nightly routine after the kiss I turned out the light and cracked the door just a little and walked out. I thought to myself “there is nothing to it!” Before I could get down the stairs Brinley let out an awful scream saying something I couldn’t understand. So here comes daddy to the rescue, up the stairs. I peeked through the door as Brinley explained “Momma, didn’t say goodnight.” Still crying, “Momma didn’t do it right!” Justin knelt by her bed and said “I’ll tell momma to say goodnight sorry baby, she didn’t know.” I guess he was trying to make me look better. So now I don’t just have a husband with a bit of OCD I have a daughter with it too.
Monday, April 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I love kids and their OCD tendencies.
Hank EVERY day at naptime & bedtime asks when Brett will be home and I HAVE to say, "When you wake up." If I don't it is major meltdown mode!!
that is too funny! it's crazy how set in their ways 2 year olds can get, eh?
Hey Danell! I'm so glad you left a comment on our blog! It was so so fun to hear from you! Your little family is darling and that is so exciting that you have another one on the way! Aren't kids the greatest??!! I seriously just love every day of being a mom. It sounds like you guys are in Arizona now living there and that things are going really well for you--I'm so glad. Well if you don't mind, I'd love to link your blog to mine so I remember it and can keep up with how you are doing. It's so fun to be able to keep in touch with old friends. Take care and good luck with everything!
Post a Comment