Monday, June 16, 2008

Fathers Day

Just some quick thoughts about the WONDERFUL men in my life….

First to the man that “didn’t clip my wings.” My dad has always allowed me to be myself, to SOAR even if the world told me I couldn’t fly. I owe so much to him. He knows he is my favorite and I know I am his, (even if my sisters and brother think the same thing.) Now I have been able to witness him with Brinley. What a joy to see how she has grown to love Pa-paw Sage.


What a blessing it is to have Justin as my husband. He keeps me smiling because of his childlike attitude of life. Brinley has him whipped; it has been fun watching their bond grow. Through the summers I am no longer needed. Brinley wakes up looking for dad and goes to bed reading with dad.

My Grandpa, the Patriarch of our large extended family. He has guided and helped Justin and I through the first years of our life together. I am truly thankful to him for his support.

I have a great father-in-law who purely loves Brinley. He takes half days on Friday to watch her while I am a work (he says its his pleasure.) Brinley looks forward to her day with Pa-paw Ottis.



3 comments:

The Carpenter Family said...

How sweet! Dad are great! Would love to see you guys.

K-RISTY ROCKS!! said...

hey!What have you been up too?

The Carpenter Family said...

Hey!! It is me again! Happy Birthday!! I loved all those older pics of you and Justin! How cute!! Hope you had a great Anniversary too.