Thursday, February 26, 2009

Lensch Lowdown

I have some catch up to do thing like Valentines day, Basketball, and a new ADDITION to the family…

Valentines

Justin and I had a Valentine’s to remember, we dropped the kids off to his parents around 10:00 and went on a jog, followed by a day of shopping, a movie, and dinner ALL BY OURSELVES. This is the first day we have spent alone in maybe years and it was fabulous. I was super hesitant at first I was even contemplating calling the whole thing off, but as the day went I really started to enjoy the time with my hubby. Thanks for a great day!!


Basketball

Basketball is officially over a bittersweet moment. I am so stoked to not drive to Mesa so often, but I will miss so many things about coaching. I think if I knew that I would do it again I would be fine but I wonder if that will be a chance for me again, with the kids and schedules. I could not have asked for a better group of girls to be with Brin calls them “MOMMY’S GIRLS” and I suppose I started to think of them that way. I felt protective and concerned with not only there play but with life in general. (The mom came out in me.)
I loved Coaching and am so grateful for the opportunity. We ended with a 9-4 record, #1 in our division way to go girls!!!




We have an addition to the family...

Yes it is true; Brinley has an imaginary friend “Tinkerbell.” She is a cute little thing (I’ve been told) she has brown hair usually in piggy tails and always wearing a dress. She showed up the beginning of the week while Justin was pushing Brin on the swing set, and has only left her side to go home to eat. That’s a whole other story, Tinkerbell always wants to eat at the house so I told Brin that she has to go home and eat no setting a place for her at dinner. Brin was a bit disappointed but life has gone on. It’s been a circus around her and now I have to watch out where I sit on the couch or walk in a room because I have sat on her and run into her. Oh children’s imagination what next!!!


"Can Tinkerbell go to church with us?" Wow she is already doing missionary work, you go Brinley.

Owen

Don’t want to leave out our baby boy, he is doing well, sitting up, eating baby food and loving EVERYHING from peas to prunes. He is a happy little guy and for over a month has been sleeping 9-10 hour a night THANK YOU.

4 comments:

Arizona Nielsens said...

What a fun Valentine's Day!! How nice to have some time to yourselves. Your kids are just too cute. We love playing with them!

K&S said...

Brin cracks me up! So cute! Thanks for taking Tennille to dance class, that totally made her day. It sounds like you had a lot of fun! Tell Brin that Tennille would love to meet Tinkerbell.

The Carpenter Family said...

what a sweet day!! Love the pics of the kids and of course the "Tinkerbell" story.

bethy said...

Owen sounds like a perfect baby! But I think that Brinley has been pretty perfect too. Keep up the great work!