Monday, November 2, 2009

These Are The Days

I am sitting here today on the couch after a refreshing run (endorphins going), looking back through years of pictures as my children nap and thinking that…

I AM NOW LIVING MY DREAM!!!

As a child I remember dreaming of my Prince Charming coming to sweep me of my feet and carry me away to our castle where we would start a beautiful family. Plus, I would be radiant throughout the entire pregnancy not gaining one more pound than needed and my face would be one of those that show no wrinkles or age. I would cook wonderful meals, yet still spending every waking hour in love with my husband and devoting ALL my time to my children. Some how my house would never need cleaning in my dreams my house never got dirty.

But here I am faced with the decision of what to cook, two loads of laundry to be folded, baths to still be taken, a grocery store I desperately need to get to, bills to be paid, a home that doesn’t clean itself, basketball practice to run, and a puppy chewing up the new flowers we planted in the backyard. BUT here is the interesting part of this whole thing I am filled with JOY. Joy, happiness, delight, glee, contentment, bliss any of those will do. These are the days of my dreams, a bit different than what you expect as a child but nonetheless WONDERFUL.

Before I put Owen down for a nap I stopped my cleaning and decide to hold him as long as he would allow I wrapped him in a blanket and picked him up. It ended up to be nearly 20 mins of him talking and cuddling his momma.

Some days I spend hours price matching and bargain shopping, I am learning to sew (an extinct art) to save a buck, I live in a nice but normal home, I gained 65 pounds with both my pregnancies, I don’t make gourmet meals, I have smile lines, I do the laundry, pick poop off virtually everywhere, and I scrub the toilets myself. AND I WOULDN’T HAVE IT ANY OTHER WAY!!!!!!!!

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

Beautifully said. I love you Nelly.

K&S said...

This is what I adore about you DaNell! You are real to yourself and your family. You are not the person that builds an illusion for others to see and yet, you still amaze me with your talent and kindness just being you. I have had, and felt those same moments. This is the time of our lives that we need to CHERISH! I love this post! Thank you.

The Carpenter Family said...

Well said...Amen to that!love all the cute pics from Halloween!

Rich and Liz Harris said...

Love your outlook :)

bethy said...

So well put, I agree.