Thursday, March 4, 2010

“Practically Perfect in Every Way”

Brinley and I were privileged to get tickets to the Broadway Musical “Marry Poppins” from my grandparents. I was hoping that Justin wouldn’t have a game that night but as luck would have it he didn’t just have one game… he had a double header. So there goes the chance of him going with Brin and I. That was a little discouraging just for a second when I decided to make it a girl’s night out on the town.

A month or so before the show Brinley and I went shopping for some “Fancy Nancy” outfits to wear to the play, we found her a cute little dress, and me a sweater to match her bright colors. Aunt Rachel was nice enough to let us borrow her “Mary Poppins” movie and we watched it several time to understand the story and memorize music.

We talked and talked about or upcoming date getting us both so siked out. So when the big day came we could hardly wait. We watched “Mary Poppins” one last time, took a nap, and then dolled ourselves up. Off we went to drop Owen of to Grandpa Otis’s house, we were dancing in the car so excited for the night to begin, and then to California Pizza Kitchen where Brinley ordered the “most wonderful curly Mac and cheese EVER” or so she claimed. It was so relaxing to be able to focus solely on Brin, I enjoyed talking to her about the most random things, you know stuff a nearly 4 year old would come up with. After a yummy dinner we headed to Sugar Bowl for “ A Spoon Full of Sugar” and games. Brinley ordered a whole banana spilt. She didn’t eat half of it and me, Mrs. Don’t Waste Anything, I didn’t care a bit, it was all about Brinley for the night.

So excited for our date


Dinner





She wants to go back everyday to eat icecream, so do I glad its not too close!!!




Waiting for the show to begin!!

I tried to soak up every conversation with her to pay attention to every detail of the night. As we drove to Gammage we talked about how mommy gets lost all the time and how I have to always ask for directions. I then proceed to call my dad for the 2nd time that night to get directions, (and that wouldn’t be the last time either.) I enjoyed the extra time we spent in the car trying to get to the Play, however I don’t think she did trying to hurry me along not wanting to miss a moment of “Mary”. And I am glad we didn’t miss a second the play was unbelievable, Burt dancing on the ceiling, statues coming to life, colors beyond description, and to top it off Mary flying with her purple umbrella right over our heads it was definitely supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!!!! Brinley sat at the edge of her seat enthralled the whole time, clapping whenever it was permitted. On a few occasions I just sat and stared at her wondering where all the time went, how did she grow up so fast and how come I was blessed to get such a magnificent little worm. The most wonderful sentence was spoken to me as we hurried out of the Theater to rush our car. She grabbed my hand and said “ Mom, I don’t ever want this night to end, and when I grow up I always want to be your daughter, I love you!” No joke that came from my 3-year-old daughter. And I want Brinley to know “ I never wanted that night to end, I am always and going to be your mother, and I love you more than I can be understood!!!!” We got into the car and before we could drive out of the parking Garage she was asleep.


3 comments:

Stephanie said...

You are the cutest Mom!! I love reading about the kids and the things you do for them. I love you!!

Nancy said...

That looks like so much fun! I wish you could be MY Mom for a day ;) J/K. You really are a wonderful Mother. I have to ask, what is the real name of the noodles you order at Autumn court? I want to try them sometime :P

The Carpenter Family said...

we were there too...sorry i missed you. I saw Jennie and your Aunt/cousions when we where walking to our car. So glad you had a great time!