Monday, December 15, 2008

Grandpa 80th Birthday

On Friday December 12th we celebrated Grandpa Kings 80th Birthday. It was held at my parent’s home and it was beautiful. This is the home I grew up in but I have never seen it so beautiful. It was even more magical that night than my wedding reception.
If I may brag just a little about my mom, she is the most talented woman I have ever met. Anything she touches turns to gold. This woman can go none stop, and never rests until the work is done to perfection. I wish I had gotten just a quarter of her talent and drive. She along with all the rest of my aunts and uncles threw Grandpa an amazing party.
If any one deserves such an ordeal it would be Grandpa. I sit here thinking of a ways to describe the blessing he is to our family, how he has MADE this family to be the strength that it is. He took on Grandmas four children as his own; making us grandchildren never question our relationship to him. HE IS OUR GRANDPA!!! He has provided for us financially and emotionally (in his own special way:). I have over 40 cousins that I consider true friends. Grandma and Grandpa joined the church after they were married and brought their children (my mom included) into the gospel. I am indebted to them for that blessing in my life and in my children’s life. I suppose I could go on and on about what Grandpa has done for me but no words would justify, so I will just say this, no man has ever been a better example to me of the importance of family.

The Backyard at sunset

Inside the tent

Close-up shot of the tree mom decorated
Grandpa has owned a painting/construction company for 65 years! Hence the painting supplies for the trees decoration.

The Family


Mom made Brins and Owens outfits for the Western Theme. Amazing!!!

My Adorable boys!!!




Brin loves these two boys, I think she annoys them a bit. Trying to kiss and hug them all night long. Who could resist these cute boys?

A few of my aunts working in the kitchen.


Some of the Grandkids present
"You know your a King if...." Cute idea Andiee Jane.






Thank you!!! We all love and appreciate you. Happy Birthday.

3 comments:

The Carpenter Family said...

What is this a picture of? I am sure its your parents backyard. Love all the fun new things Owen has done. you guys have been busy.

Unknown said...

Your mom is amazing! I wish I could have been a fly on the wall to see her creativity flow :)

I think you have that talent :D

I loved their outfits! I really need to learn how to sew!

Nicole S said...

DaNell, what's your current address? I am trying to send out the Christmas cards before this stinkin storm hits and dumps on us. Snow is so much more fun to visit than to live in. Your mom is amazing at her talent. Everybody said the party was extremely fun and well done.
Oh, and if you happen to have Jennies off hand, could you send that to me also? I have one off Jentilly, so if that's where she still lives, great. Thanks!