Wednesday, September 23, 2009

DISNEY



This post is a work in progress I just don’t have the time to sit here and blog about it all right now so I will do it a little at a time. But here are the pictures I know my family wants to see.

Where to start? We had a fantastic time at Disney World. There were only a few breakdowns from the kids but not bad considering we were dragging them around from sun up to sundown for 6 days. This is going to be a long one for journaling so skip to the pictures and enjoy if all the reading isn’t for you:)



BONUS IT WAS DECORATED FOR HALLOWEEN!!!




The plane ride there always seems to take so long months and months of anticipation built up but for a change I was completely organized, each bag had exactly what it needed to keep the kids entertained and us on track. Getting there and getting checked in seemed like a breeze (thankfully). That first night we stopped at the Magic Kingdom for Brinley first request the Dumbo and the infamous Teacup ride and some frozen lemonade. Then we were off to a BBQ and dancing with Mickey and friends. Brinley must have been exhausted because she fell asleep while eating a rib and for the next 30 mins laid on mommas lap even through the dancing, singing, and rope tricks. Owen on the other hand was a live wire, eating 3 whole pieces of watermelon and a whole plate of food. We left a little early so we could get Brinley to bed.







This day started out to be Brinley’s and the terrible horrible no good very bad day. She woke up about 4:30 in the morning screaming that her ear hurt. Brinley is prone to ear infections so immediately I knew that was the issue. Thankfully we had travelers insurance and so after a visit from a traveling pediatrician (that was a story all in its own) and a round of antibiotics she was ready to go at 11:00am. Thank goodness for insurance that dr. visit could have cost us a mere $400.00 and medicine. She was fine for the rest of the day no more throwing up.

Justin and I were a little apprehensive with Owen not knowing if he would freak out at the site of a big blue monster-looking thing. Owen blew us always running up to Stitch screaming in joy. He loved all the characters and every time we tried to tell him say bye bye, he looked at us to tell us bye bye and when we took him away he cried. Needless to say he adored the characters.



We ate at the Coral Reef, which ended up being one of our favorite restaurants on the trip (glad we didn’t skip that.) We sat right next to the aquarium and watched the sharks, fish, turtles, and stingrays swim past us the entire meal. Our darn camera is no good so the pictures just don’t give it justice.



Next on some rides and then to the World Show Case, this has always been my favorite maybe because of my love of food, or of culture I can’t be sure. It didn’t disappoint in a few short hours I felt as if I had toured several different countries and experienced their culture. We ate in Japan and then watched the spectacular firework display. Then off to more rides and snacks until closing time at 12pm. Yes, Justin and I stayed up until 12 more like 1pm once we got to bed. I honestly can’t remember the last time I did that. Even New Years only gets me until about 10:30.




The next day went a bit smoother. We spent the day at Hollywood Studios.
Lunch at the Sci-Fi Theater, Brinley saw this poster and was terrified thinking that a giant octopus would be joining us for lunch.Brinley was relived to find out that the octopus was not going to be hanging out with us. Eating in a car was fun though.


Playing at Honey I Shrunk the Kids park. Man did we get sweaty here; Justin and I took turns going through ant tunnels and in and out of spider webs. Brinley and Owen thought that this was the greatest place.


More pictures of Owen loving on the characters. He didn't care who it was if it was large and fuzzy it was his friend.




We ate dinner at Momma Melrose, or at least we tried. Justin held sleeping Brin and I held sleeping Owen the entire meal.

Justin’s favorite ride ended up being the Rocken Roller Coaster so we spent a few hours on that side of the Studio the kids enjoyed running around and playing with each other.






These outfits were handcrafted by my talented mother, Brinley enjoyed all the complements she got that day. Mom also designed and made her bag, that ended up being such a lifesaver keeping treats and toys to keep the kids busy all the time. Thanks momma!!! Glad my kids are first I am sure if they were the 5th or 6th they wouldn't get quite the goodies they do now.

The third day was Magic Kingdom day that meant eating in Cinderella’s Castle. The most look forward to day of the trip. I often heard “mom how many more mins until I eat at Cinderella’s?” She got to meet Bell, Jasmine, Snow White, Aurora, and Cinderella herself.


SMALL WORLD!!!







This drink was called a Dole Whip and it was amazing, pineapple juice topped with pineapple ice cream YUMMY!!!


Another fun character.


Off to eat more at Chef Mickeys, and more characters.









Monday was Animal Kingdom day we started eating Breakfast with Donald and Friends. Yes, we ate everything hence the 5 pounds we all gained.


Owen and daddy became very close, Owen didn't like it if daddy was out of site. He would yell and I mean yell out "DADDA" until he could see him again.

On the Safari!

Oh yes, face painting. This was one of Brins highlights. She wanted me to call Gracie and Elle (some of her friends) and tell them to come to the hotel so that she could show them her pretty face. After much conversation about why they couldnt just catch a plane and get here she asked if we could just catch one and go to their house.



Once again off to O'hana for some Hawaiian food. This was one of my favorite places we ate at. The kids had lots of fun activites and Brinley enjoyed the interaction.



We stopped at the Arcade in the Hotel and played for a little while before hitting the bed.

The final day went back to Hollywood Studio so daddy could ride "Tower of Terror" and "The Rocken Roller Coster" while momma took the kids to Playhouse Disney for the last hurah!!
It was awesome to see Brinley so excited dancing and singing with all the characters.



We had an amazing time and are grateful for a healthy and happy family & for the opportunity to go. We tried to soak it all in knowing that trips like this don't come around all the time.

I love my family!!!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

I love it!! Your pictures are adorable. The kids look like they had a wonderful time. I kind of want to go eat at the Coral Reef now too. That sounds fun. I don't remember that place. Way to be organized and go on such a fun vacation. You rock!!

Nancy said...

I'm glad you guys had such a good time! That's where Edward and I went on our honeymoon (Disney World). I just had to tell you that I laughed so hard at your "stuck on a horse" story. Picturing the missionaries we have and the look on their faces is priceless!

bethy said...

SO, SO AWESOME!!! When I heard that you were going to Disney World I started planning on us going next year. I don't know how excited Tim is at the idea but I think I'll be able to convince him. I'm so glad that you guys had such a great time. You deserve the best.