I need to play catch up on our little journal we have had lots of fun stuff going on (hence the lack of posts for a while.)
Get home Brinley is Stuck in a Horse

Brinley managed to make Sunday morning even more interesting than usual. I was taking Owens diaper off and Brinley thought it would be fun to wiggle her way into Owens rocking horse (that he didn’t even fit in anymore.) Frustrated I told her to get out and meet us in the bathroom, we were going to take a bath. I got Owen in and I called for Brin, “I can’t get out!!” she screamed. I quickly finish bathing Owen and put his diaper on and tried to pull her out (10 mins later no success.) Now Owen is crying, Briny is crying and I wanted to cry. I tried Pam on her legs hoping that might help slid her out. NOPE!!! Okay, it’s been 25 mins and I was getting overwhelmed, and Brinley was freaking out. I need Justin, but he was in his morning meetings. Oh well, I called him and his phone started ringing in our bedroom. He forgot his phone, wonderful. So then I started calling anyone I thought would be in the meeting finally the missionaries answered their phone, and I must have sounded a little crazy.
Here is how I remember the conversation going “Is Justin in the meeting, our daughter is stuck in a horse? I mean a toy, can you just ask him to come home.” I must have sounded desperate. They chuckled a little and said okay. 5mins later daddy walked in. Just the sight of him helped calm me down. As quickly as he walked in he walked out without saying anything and returned with his electric screwdriver, unscrewed one screw and in less than a minute she was freed. WHY DIDN’T I THINK OF THAT?? I felt a bit unqualified at this point but for the first time I was thankful that men and women think differently.
Sedona


A couple of pictures of a day we spent in beautiful Sedona.
I made the bow on the shirt after I saw some cute examples on Tip Junky.
Halloween

I hesitate to tell you a little secret of mine. I love Halloween (not a secret) so I put the decorations up on September 1st. I know its too early and the temperature will agree but I LOVE LOVE LOVE Halloween and it just goes by too fast. I bought a bunch of orange jell-o, I’m using my fall-scented oil to make the house smell like spiced pumpkin, rented Eloise Halloween, and started to read the kids their Halloween books. I can’t wait to cook in a pumpkin, keep the doors open, and make spooky dinners. I made these table runners this year thanks to mom who got me the fabric. They are defiantly not perfect but they turned out okay. I had some scraps of fabric so I made a skirt and bow for Brinley. What could I make for Owen he always gets left out? I can’t think of anything but a tie.
Growing Too Fast




Owens talking and walking all so suddenly, one day out of the blue about 3 weeks ago Owen picked himself up and walked all the way crossed the living room. Previous he had only taken 2 or three steps total. Now he is walking everywhere and pretty stable.
About a week ago the sign langue kicked in. I had almost given up because I didn’t think he was getting it, but one day he out of the blue he signed please, thank you, more, and milk. He is telling me he wants crackers or his blanket. Communicating with him helps his impatience (a little); life has gotten much smoother now that he can tell me what he wants. So much for little at a time with this guy, he seems to be an all or nothing type. It’s great to see the differences between a boy and girl and just different personalities in general.
Here is an example, the first time I let him at the swing set this is what he did, like a champ.
1 comment:
OMG, i was rolling on the groud laughing hysterically! "My daughter is stuck in a horse" please tell you said it exactly like that! The missionaries must have been trying not to laugh as to not infuriate that desperate mother more....
Post a Comment