Thursday, October 8, 2009

Sweetie and her Sweets

This happened a few weeks back but I wanted to remember this when Brinley may not be quite as unselfish (you know a reminder of how good she can be.)


One day while Grandma and Grandpa were over helping with the toy closet Grandma bought one of Brinley’s favorite candies “Sour Patch Kids.” Because Brinley had been eating junk all day her I told her that when daddy got home she could have a couple with him. So, all through the day we debated on just how many a couple were. I finally told her she could only have three and that was that.
Daddy finally came home and once again she tried her bargaining methods out on him. With no success and sort-a exhausted from all the debating she succeeded. Daddy then proceeded to hand her the three pieces of candy. I then witnessed the sweetest act; Owen our little beggar walked up to Brinley signing “please” to her and Brinley without hesitation then handed over one of her precious candies. I whispered to Justin to just hand her another piece of candy. With no clue that I was watching she melted my heart once again, she took that piece of candy bit it in half and gave the other half to her brother. How thankful I am for such a sweet, caring, aware oldest child (from what we see now at least.) Owen is lucky to have her.

No comments: